Anne's Awkward Adventure

A semester's journey into the world of technology.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Podcasting...I CAN DO IT!

Although this week's class did not contain much instructional time, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot nevertheless. My group, composed of Stephanie, Kristin, and Katherine, created a Podcast...a long Podcast. Our Podcast explores the history of Virginia. Then, each memeber states facts or interesting thoughts for their home locations in the Commonwealth. All the narration is woven with various relevant music clips.

It is extremely important to have a script when producing an educational Podcast as it adds to the efficiency of time use. Furthermore, I learned many technological procedures regarding the creation of a Podcast from placing all files on the desktop to importing of various audio. However, the biggest notion I learned was to SAVE OFTEN! That might end up being the biggest application I learn from this class.

Upon completing the Podcast, I now can think of more learning applications for Podcasts. Students could record weather forecasts, record vital information for memorization, create word games, or record audible directions for simple processes.

The main question I had coming into this week was, how would I link, upload, download, etc the new projects I am making to my Technology Profile on my personal website? A little birdie (perhaps the teacher) told me next week I will find out.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home