Anne's Awkward Adventure

A semester's journey into the world of technology.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Serenading Teacher...


Today was our final class of the course. Yeah! This is the first class I have taken at UVA where I feel I will usethe material in life. Even in my psych class, I feel at times it's just all memorization or concepts I won't use in the elementary classroom.

Tonight, we went over some things that technology does not suffice for in the classroom. For example, the teacher should be the greeter. Technology should not be used to read to children or play kickball (yet, I do think that would be interesting to observe). While technology is very useful, it should not be the main method used in the classroom. Technology should be a supplement to the objectives.

We went over how to create our Final Project CDs. Mine finally worked.

Then, our teacher decided to serenade us. Don't get your hopes up. The songs were about verbs, the 'number man', and, of course, picture day. While our teacher is not a hit crooner, his effort should be applauded. Perhaps, that's why we all go into education because children applaud us no matter what.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home